Instead of writing a blog I feel prompted to post this teaching on Oneness. John 10:30 Jesus said, I and My Father are One. Deuteronomy 6:4The Lord our God, the Lord is One. Oneness with God is the most powerful weapon against sin. Because Jesus was One with His Father there was no place the devil could find in Him for sin. Jesus is coming back for His wedding day with His bride, a holy people, without spot, wrinkle or blemish and the two shall become one.
Oneness Releases Healing
I. Oneness -the power of agreement
a. Oneness in purpose, essence, mind, heart and passion, which exceeds mere organizational and institutional unity. Joseph Mattera
1. Unity is the process. Oneness is the product.
2. Unity depends upon an event. Oneness transcends an event and knits people together.
3. In unity, people assemble for a common interest. In oneness, people are integrated for
4. Unity is the means. Oneness is the end.
5. Unity is how we should start. Oneness is how we should finish.
6. Unity is built upon encouragement. Oneness is built upon purpose.
7. Unity releases temporary momentum. Oneness creates synergy that maximizes purpose.
1 John 5:7
For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.
1 John 5:8
And there are three that bear witness on earth: the Spirit, the water, and the blood; and these three agree as one.
II. Oneness with God releases healing in the body, soul and spirit
a. The whole Gospel is a holistic Gospel
Jesus was one with the Father, therefore He had anointing, authority and power.
Anointing from above- is released through faith and obedience
Authority from within- is released through faith and obedience.
It is not just positional…but is also relational and relevant.
Power-the tangible Holy Spirit power with demonstration of
signs and wonders
b. Positional oneness - we are seated with Christ in Heavenly places
Ephesians 3:10-12 …to the intent that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, 11 according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
c. Relational oneness: John 10:30 I and My Father are one.
God… the Father, Son and Holy Spirit -born again of the Spirit and Baptized in the Holy Spirit
Oneness in our own personhood: body, soul and spirit
Man is a 3 part being- body, soul and spirit. When we are not in agreement, oneness within ourselves, then we are unstable as stated in James 1:7-9 "For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."
Oneness the family: Husband and wife; father, mother and siblings- oneness and/or the lack of in the family is carried over into the church family.
Oneness within the Church leadership: Apostle, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers, Elders and Deacons; releases a commanded blessing and the power to heal
d. Relevant oneness- having significant and demonstrable bearing on the matter at hand affording evidence, to prove the truth of the matter.
The church has a relational and relevancy deficit - We can be so heavenly minded we are no earthly good. We are more self-focused than Holy Spirit focused.
* Jesus is the bridge between heaven and earth, the bridge between man and God and the bridge between man and man.
* He not only stood in the gap between heaven and hell – conquering sin, death, hell and the grave, but He provides us the means to have a relevant relationship with the Father.
* He demonstrated what relevant oneness with people looks like; I am here with you and I am here for you…the woman at the well.
* Not only in prayer (oneness with God, in the spirit), but also manifesting the love and power of God in action (toward mankind, in the physical) here on earth!
III John 3:2-4 Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. 3 For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
e. To be whole-complete is to be…
f. We are cautioned NOT to compare ourselves with one another 2 Corinthians 10:12 but Jesus compared natural and spiritual things when He taught about the mustard seed and the leaven in Luke 13:18-20
g. Naturally speaking -our liver, bladder and intestines are to clean the body of toxins
When your liver stores carbs and sugars, it is called fatty liver. So when our body is not processing and eliminating toxins you get sick.
When our soul (thoughts, emotions) is not processing and eliminating toxic experiences, words and thoughts, the body and soul are sick.
III. When we are toxic we COMPETE instead of COMPLETE one another
a. The difference between those 2 words is one letter L=Lord. When the Lord is not the center we compete instead of complete.
b. Definition of complete:
I Thessalonians 5:23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved, blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
II Tim 3:17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
c. Compete-to strive consciously or unconsciously for an objective (such as position, profit, or a prize): in a state of rival.
d. Complete- when we allow Christ to complete us, we then become a vessel that He can supply what is needed through us.
e. Revival will come when the rival ends and we learn to complete each other in the Spirit of truth and love.
Ephesians 4:15-16 …but, speaking the truth in love, we will grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.
IV. Holistic/ Gospel
* Holistic- Holi… istic- translates holiness in action, practice, doctrine,
made evident in the quality of one's life
* Holistic medicine can only treat disease physically and suppress the mind psychologically. ONLY the Gospel is holistic and has the power to heal body, soul and spirit.
* When our soul is born again, like Lazarus, we have been raised by the power of the Holy Spirit, but we need to be loosed from our grave clothes. Jesus said to them, loose him and let him go." It is the ministry of the church to loose the people of their grave clothes once they are raised from the dead.
a. Definition of loose: free from anything that restricts and binds
b. When behaviors are irrational, unexplainable, and contrary to what we know to be truth, we must invite the Holy Spirit to do a soul scan to resolve the “issue” at the root level. When….
· a bible verse doesn’t resolve the issue,
· worship doesn’t resolve the issue,
· counseling doesn’t resolve the issue,
· reasoning doesn’t resolve the issue,
· medication doesn’t resolve the issue,
· punishment/confinement doesn’t resolve the issue,
· time doesn’t resolve the issue,
· going to Bible school doesn’t resolve the issue,
c. Dr. Daniel Amen quote, “If we don’t look at people’s brains through a brain scan---you will hurt people.”
d. Recommended reading/video teaching: Dr. Caroline Leaf,
"Switch on Your Brain" deals with healing the soul, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea8pHeetkgo.
"Think and Eat Yourself Smart," deals with how food is related to our spirit and soul health https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo2mYL1Gh90
"The Perfect You." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcah_zbsGa4 deals with the spiritual realm. We are created for love; which Dr. Leaf refers as the "Perfect Zone."
e. With the Holy Spirit's help believers can identify the areas that are contrary to truth, make the connection between spirit, soul and body so that one can receive healing and freedom.
· Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.
· Proverbs 27:19 As in water face reflects face, So a man’s heart reveals the man.
V. "He Cares for Me" Care Ministers coach rather than counsel
· Counseling is telling someone what to do according to the Word of God or putting on them our own personal testimony of how God led, delivered and healed us.
· Coaching is leading someone to the All Wise, All Knowing God. We do not allow cerebral rambling about hurts. The enemy is a master at hiding behind excessive verbiage to avoid being discerned, dismissed and discharged from his assignment. He works to keep us in the fleshly realm so we will remain in the prison house. We love to talk around the issue while not using our authority to effectively address the issue.
VI. Demonstration of Coaching
* As we anoint the person with oil at the reticular formation (base of brain) and the forehead, we ask… Holy Spirit,
· Reveal Your primary purpose and focus for this moment,
· We are not led by what we know or by feelings, although God will use both as He so chooses.
· Your Word says, the sons of God are led by the Spirit of God.
· We want Your higher level of truth and wisdom.
· We thank You Lord for revealing truth according to Your wisdom,
· And that You have graced us to deal with what You reveal.
· As it says in Psalm 139:23-24 Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; 24 And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting.
Together we pray, "Holy Spirit, scan my brain, my thoughts, scan my heart and affections. Examine me and see if there be any place I am contrary to Your thoughts and Your nature. Reveal any wicked ways and means in me. I want to be a clean vessel, a conduit of Your healing love.
I will trust what You reveal through Holy Spirit discernment and I will use the authority Christ has given me to dismiss the assignment against me and discharge all opposition and strongholds the enemy has used against me. In Jesus Name, Amen!
VII. in Closing:
Jeremiah prophesying regarding Jerusalem, the church…
Jeremiah 33:6-9 Behold, I will bring it health and healing; I will heal them and reveal to them the abundance of peace and truth. 7 And I will cause the captives of Judah and the captives of Israel to return, and will rebuild those places as at the first. 8 I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned and by which they have transgressed against Me. 9 Then it shall be to Me a name of joy, a praise, and an honor before all nations of the earth, who shall hear all the good that I do to them; they shall fear and tremble for all the goodness and all the prosperity that I provide for it.’
Isaiah 42:6-7 “I, the Lord, have called You in righteousness,
And will hold Your hand;
I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,
As a light to the Gentiles,
7 To open blind eyes,
To bring out prisoners from the prison,
Those who sit in darkness from the prison house.